- You don’t have to listen. It’s magic. You flat out don’t have to listen to assholes. If some gaping taintstain of a human decides to open their hate-maw and spew untruths, just let them.
- Never let yourself talk louder than them.
- You don’t “have to be right”. Be the bigger person and just let them yell until they are tired, and be sure to look at them and smile like they are a newborn puppy.
- A thumbs up is more condescending than a middle finger.
- Haters are always going to hate. Thats their job. Be glad that they hate you, because clearly you are doing something right if people like that dislike you.
In confrontational situations, nothing will piss someone off more than number 4. Being an asshole right back or killing them with kindness? I usually opt for the former.
I’ve started employing a blank stare, usually with head cocked, as though the offending party’s very existence is altogether baffling. Which, in fairness, isn’t far from the truth.